Saturday, July 29, 2006

"Blog That , Bitch!" (a funny story)




My good friend (despite his love of the evil empire) called me this afternoon. Not to ask how I am or talk about life, movies, the state of the world. He called to bust my balls. Left me a message. Gloating about the Red Sox trailing 6-4 in the 8th. The Yankees were winning 2-0 against the lowly Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Figured the Yankees would be leading the A.L. East by a 1/2 game. Told me to "Blog that, Bitch."



Funny thing happened. Mike "the man" Lowell hits a ground rule, 2 RBI double, Sox tie the game at 6 apiece, Manny Ramirez makes a sweet throw from the out field to prevent an Angel run, and David "Big Papi" Ortiz cranks a... single for the win.

Meanwhile, in the Bronx, Randy Johnson melts in the NY Heat and the Yankees are destroyed by the Devil Rays 19-6! (Tampa's team salary 35 million; Jeter&Johnson's salary combined is 35 million... gotta love it.)

Good day for the Red Sox! Consider it blogged!

2 comments:

Da Old Man said...

I nhever call until the game is over.

I've learned my lesson in the past.

We did just pick up some pitching today. We have about half the Phillies roster now.

savvy said...

Woody, see today's post... I agree with you!