Saturday, July 29, 2006

"Blog That , Bitch!" (a funny story)




My good friend (despite his love of the evil empire) called me this afternoon. Not to ask how I am or talk about life, movies, the state of the world. He called to bust my balls. Left me a message. Gloating about the Red Sox trailing 6-4 in the 8th. The Yankees were winning 2-0 against the lowly Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Figured the Yankees would be leading the A.L. East by a 1/2 game. Told me to "Blog that, Bitch."



Funny thing happened. Mike "the man" Lowell hits a ground rule, 2 RBI double, Sox tie the game at 6 apiece, Manny Ramirez makes a sweet throw from the out field to prevent an Angel run, and David "Big Papi" Ortiz cranks a... single for the win.

Meanwhile, in the Bronx, Randy Johnson melts in the NY Heat and the Yankees are destroyed by the Devil Rays 19-6! (Tampa's team salary 35 million; Jeter&Johnson's salary combined is 35 million... gotta love it.)

Good day for the Red Sox! Consider it blogged!

5 comments:

Woody said...

And I would have answered the phone when you called me back but I still had my foot in mouth. Nothing more I can say about that one. Although at some point, I almost want Torre to pull a Lou Pinella and just leave his crappy ass pitcher in the game and let him get bombed and embarrassed. Not Johnson, he's earned too much throughout his career (but certainly not his Yankees career) to do that. But F Chacon.

And Nick, Cashman, not ARod, should be in your van. If I was GM of the Yankees, they would have a better record than they do now - because I would have spent it all on good pitching. I'm pissed off. F this. I'm going to bed.

Woody said...

By the way, you guys have a $120MM payroll and are only 8-6 verus Tampa and their $35MM payroll. So I wouldnt' throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Da Old Man said...

I nhever call until the game is over.

I've learned my lesson in the past.

We did just pick up some pitching today. We have about half the Phillies roster now.

Woody said...

Yeah, but half the fun is calling someone out before it's over. It's worth the crow you have to eat once in a while.

Can't wait to read Savvy's blog on how the Yankees picked up Abreau and Lidle and they were the only team that could afford to take on the salary. Nonsense. Other teams could have done it as well. Including the BoSux - it just wouldn't have made sense for them to do it. Great move by the Yanks. We'll see how Theo responds...

I love this time of year.

savvy said...

Woody, see today's post... I agree with you!