Thursday, August 31, 2006

Comic Review: Battlestar Galactica

I was a kid when the first Battlestar Galactica series was on TV. I vaguely remember years later putting together Dirk "Faceman on the A-team" Benedict was also Starbuck on the show. (I also remember Buck Rogers but that's another story.) Anyway, I remember reading about the new Battlestar Galactica and most of the reviews were positive. I watched the minseries with Mrs. Savvy and we both liked it... smart sci-fi seems to be the theme lately. I've also been reading the Red Sonja comic being published by Dynamite entertainment and found it extremly well done. Dynamite is a small publisher that primarily publishes books based on licensed properties, (Highlander, Red Sonja, Xena Warrior Princess, Army of Darnkess, Highlander, and Lone Ranger) They've published issues 0 and 1 for Battlestar Galactica and I have to say it's been excellent. Written by Greg Pak (also writing an excellent Incredible Hulk run for Marvel) with art by Nigel Raynor. Check it out at your local comic store.

No comments: