Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mo Who?





So here's a funny story. My boss, who is a die hard Yankee fan (but a good guy anyway), and I stopped at Modell's so he could exchange some Yankee paraphenalia. He ended up being unable to complete his exhange, while I bought a new Red Sox hat that same trip. the Sox had been reeling, coming off the 2nd loss in Oakland, Dice-K was on the DL, and Beckett was facing a 6 game suspension. I realized that my previous 2 red sox hats had accomplished their goals (2004 hat, retired after 2005 season, and then the hat from 2005 to 2008, when they won but didn't repeat. It was time for new mojo!

Since I purchased that hat, the Sox haven't lost. They have won 8 straight. Swept 2 series. Beat the great Mariano in a come from behind win, they've got 2 wins from Brad Penny, 1 from Justin Masterson, Beckett won't miss his start, and my favorite player (youk) had a walk off homer to beat the team I hate most. Sweet. Now today, a cool matchup, Josh Beckett and his one time teammate, A.J. Burnett. Burnett iss 2-0 with a 3.2 ERA, so this should be a good matchup.

So now 22 minutes before gametime, I wait, with a summer sam nearby, in an almost too but not quite too living room.

Beast

No comments: