Wednesday, February 27, 2008

5 More Days






So for those of you who don't know, I have been recovering from an emergency appendectomy that was performed on Feb. 1. I was released from the hospital on Feb. 3 (day of the Giants superbowl victory) I haven't been at my job since Wed. Jan. 29, when I went home around 1 in the afternoon with some stomach concerns (and then like an idiot I flopped around in agonizing pain throughout Wed, pain that included me thrashing around all night in the bed while my wife slept on the couch in the living room. I went through terrible chills, a horrendous fever, vomiting, and pain, pain, pain. ...... and I still held out until Thursday night, when a conversation with my buddy Sal led to me deciding to go to the hospital (much to my wife's relief, since she was away on Thursday on a trip, unable to get back home until Friday)

So now, 5 days left until I return to work. I am eager but shifting back onto a schedule is also tough. It's one of those good for you type of things but not fun in the early stages (like exercise)

(Photo on top is me in the ER bed, a self portrait. - Like the Beard? )

Baseball season is less than a month away, and the Boys from Beantown are looking to make it 2 in a row, 3 for 5. (Take that, evil empire. Your steroid infected losers like Roger "The Texas Con man" Clemens and his buddy Pettite, along with Knoblauch, all steroid cheats. Roger didn't do that shit in Beantown, which explains why he started to suck and the BoSox said see ya. (btw, the Texas Con Man statement is something I picked up searching through old Boston Globe columns , and apparently the late Will McDonough coined that phrase for Roger.

Further news from the BoSox is the signing for Bartolo Colon. Basically, replace one aging fat pitcher (you know I love you Schill, even though you never met a microphone you didn't like, and you are a big mouth, and you are even a Bush supporter (you are wealthy, not surprising) but I think Schill is done. So take a shot on another fat, aging pitcher, Bartolo Colon. This guy was still an excellent pitcher not more than 2 or 3 yrs. ago, so it's a no risk, possible high reward if he is able to give the Red Sox some starts this year. The Sox appear to be in great shape to continue their high level of play.

No comments: