Saturday, June 09, 2007

So it Begins






I think it's safe to say the Yankees are putting their problems behind them and now will being playing the way we all expected. (This is coming from a Yankee hater, so I hate writing this, but I knew it was only a matter of time.) - Yanks have won 4 in a row, their starters have looked good, Roger starts today, Mo is back, the hitting has come around, etc. - This is when I really begin to appreciate the 10 game lead the Sox have put together. Sox have a slipped a bit of late, losing the series to the Yanks, and almost getting swept by the Oakland A's. - enter Schilling. Schilling isn't the kind of guy, especially at this age, who will give you a monster regular season. However, I still love him in big spots. The Sox had lost 4 straight, and I have watched enough baseball to know these things can spiral, which is why Schill's complete game, 1 hit gem to deliver a 1-0 victory and a stop to the slide was so important. The team seemed to feed of that, and last night Beckett came out to improve on his perfect record to go 9-0 now, and even J.D. Drew showed glimplses of what he can do, with 7 RBIs, 2 HR.

The season can now truly begin, evil empire fans. Your mercenary is back in the fold (Roger "I love myself" Clemens starts today.

No comments: