Friday, July 27, 2007

Dude, What a Week


Dude, What an F'ing week! Even with a mental health day taken, I still felt beat. Just tooo much shit, man. - Okay, so here's the good stuff. It's Friday! That means 2 mornings of time to myself, where I can get up early and enjoy having my time. Plan on spending time with the wife tomorrow, since she goes away for a few days on a business trip this week, starting on Sunday. Probably catch a flick on Sunday and read lots of comics, lots of decompression time,before the workweek begins again. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. As far as jobs go, it's great. But I can't help but feel that there is another level, in which a person generates money but does not necessarily work for anyone but themselves. And i don't mean owning a business, per se. (Yes, that was a massacre of grammar, don't care!)

Anyhow, Yankees are losing right now, that's very good news. Boston up 3-1, so the possibility exists that the Sox could be up 8 after tonight. It cracks me up when some of these overly optimistic Yankee fans crow about how I should start sweating and how's my rear view mirror looking. Listen, guys: The Sox have been the 1st or 2nd best team all season, mostly in 1st. The Yankees have been as far back as 14, they have been able to level things up at about 7 back. Too much good REd Sox Pitching, Guys! The Sox may have to choose between Gabbard and Jon Lester to keep with the big club, because Curt
Schilling is returing by Aug 6, and this doesn't even mention Julain Tavarez, a pretty decent starter for the Sox, can return to his more natural role as a quality reliever. Oh, and this is why the Yankees are still trying to find a reliable 8th inning guy, to the point of rushing AA stud Jaba Chamberlain up to help out. That sums it up, my friends. So Endeth the Lesson


No comments: