Reality Check, people. John Kerry has many things to apologize for; running a lousy campaign in 2006, not responding to the venomous Swift boat attacks, being such a boring candidate. However, he doesn't need to apologize for criticizing the president yesterday.
It amazes me that guys like Bush and Cheney, guys who have never found their patriotism strong enough to ante up and go provide their services to the U.S. Military, these guys constantly couch their attacks with uberpatriotic wrappings. WTF! Let's take a very quick look at the facts. I don't need to link these things, they are the facts and if you disagree, well quite simply, you are wrong
1. Bush/Cheney storm the presidency in 2000, basically appointed by the Supreme Court. It is clear the country wanted Gore, as shown by the popular vote and the thousands of people who realized their votes were being miscounted. Can anyone really doubt this, given the enormous number of lies from this regime since. Is it really hard to see that the state in which the governor is a Bush and the elections controller is nastyass ugly republican wench Kathrine Harris?
2. Bush/Cheney ignore a variety of security warnings and are asleep at the switch when the tragedy of 9/11 hits. I want to be clear here; I am not blaming Bush/Cheney for this attack. However, for all of you who say "We haven't had an attack since then, so these guys make me safe! - I say, these are the same guys in charge who were unable to prevent the first attack, so in my mind they are 0 for 1 in major U.S. catastrophes.
3. Bush/Cheney practically cream in their pants with the opportunity to channel public outrage and sadness into an invasion of a non threatening, sovereign nation, Iraq. After a brief pit stop in Afghanistan (for show, basically, since Afghanistan is still a complete mess, just not so bad when compared to Iraq), the war drums began. "Sadaam has WMD's, with rolling mobile death units. Mushroom clouds are on the horizon". - Hmmm, that's not what the weapons inspectors on the ground were saying, and as they continue to inspect Iraq (with Sadaam's cooperation, remember), the Bush boys and their pals begin to panic, realizng the WMD talk could be proven false. So they announce an attack, basically an invasion that Iraq never had a chance to avoid.
4. Promises of being greeted as "liberators, with flowers and chocolate" never do materialize. Instead, over 3 years later, the U.S. military contines to struggle, the country is more unstable than ever, nearly 300 american troops are dead with who knows how many seriously wounded, missing limbs or suffering from life long post war injuries. The u.s. standing in the world is at an all time low, troops are stuck in a never ending cycle of attacks, basically target practice in a civil war.
5. Bush/Cheney "win" re-election, once again under dubious circumstances. It's important to note, when speaking about elections, that many dictatorships and communist countries also have "elections". The word means nothing without a genuine enforcement of an honest, open voting process. Honest and open are not words associated with the neo conservative movement.
The sad truth is that this could go on and on and on.... and while I believe all politicians need to scrutinized carefully, it is imperative that enough americans demonstrate their disgust with all Republicans. It's sad, really, because I know many conservative/republicans, and if they had held Bush's feet to the fire and ensured that their leadership was responsible, competent, and even moderately honest we wouldn't be in this hole. Remember, all the problems in this country right now can fairly be laid at the feet of the G.o.P. They've been in complete control of everything; the House, the Senate, the Presidency, and the Supreme Court. It's obvious that the republicans have no interest in monitoring their own (hell, the congress won't even hold oversight committees on the blatant war profiteering going on, primarily by companies such as Haliburton (surprise, surprse, Cheney's boys). The oil price gouging (hmm, Bush, Condi, Cheney - all with their fingers in the energy pie). However, the republicans have yet to stand up the the regime on one issue; and only now, as many republicans fight for their political lives, do we hear some criticisms of the administration (mostly directed at ancillary figures such as Donald "Skeleto" Rumsfeld).
Super smart (and oh so humble) I often wonder if heightened intelligence is a blessing or a curse. Recognizing the evil, lies, and corruption that dominate the world, I often retreat into films, comics, sports, and other distractions. Bread and Circuses, baby!! (Don't you just wanna hang out with me now; I must be a barrel of laughs). My blog is where you can read these thoughts, and soon enough you will begin to see, I'm a pretty cool guy. (There's that humility again)