Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Back for Business

It's been awhile, so here are a few quick thoughts.

1) Thank you, NBC. Finally, a mainstream media outlet states what most of us able to walk upright with I.Q.'s over 80: Iraq is involved in a complete civil war. It's been that way for quite some time, and the poor american troops are simply bodies in the middle, absorbing violence from every direction. Of course, Mr. Bush is nothing if not consistent. Apparently, according to him, the increased chaos is due to Al-Qaeda, and there is no civil war. Once again, those of us in the fact based world have been overruled by the decider in chief, the emperor, King George.

2) I want every person who voted for this administration and supported all of the lies, offered apologies for every misstep, and blamed anyone but the "decider" to apologize. I want these apologies directly to me. Something along the lines of "Hi, my name is (fill in the blank) and I am ignorant, evil, arrogant, and unworthy of the opportunities. I have contributed to the death of thousands of Americans and many more innocent Iraqi civillians. I hereby acknowledge my idiocy and incompetence as a human being, and pledge to never again vote before conferring with a more intelligenct person." (I will be happy to provide a list of qualified individuals, starting with both my wife and I.)

3) Rutgers plays their biggest game ever this Saturday night, and it's been really nice to follow college football with a legitimate rooting interest this year. Thanks, Coach Schiano and the RU football team!

No comments: