Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Third Day - Pet Peeve, Today's Hot Chick, and Today's Cool Song






I try to walk at least a few times each week, and my favorite route takes me about 4.5 miles, and it includes a pretty lengthy but gradual ascent. It's a good workout and I like putting on my Ipod and just allowing my mind to roll, but there is one thing that really annoys me - thus, Today's pet peeve.

- Assholes who run sprinklers to water their lawns ...... and allow the sprinkler to soak water onto and over the sidewalk! Hey asshole, you don't own the sidewalk. Why should every pedestrian that takes this path be inconvenienced? It's rude, selfish, downright obnoxious, and reveals a person who is clearly very self obsessed. Since they water their lawns and consider the area constituting their house is far beyond what's reasonable, I suggest we react appropriately, by "watering" their houses with whatever, or however, we deem appropriate.

The hot chick is Katherine Isabelle, the smokin hot actress from the Ginger Snaps series of movies (good fun werewolf flicks) and she also had a nice guest spot on the TV series Supernatural. (see pic )

Finally, the song of the day is The Step and the Walk, by The Duke Spirit - I love bands with a strong female lead singer, and this chicks voice is very cool, unique, and infectious. Special note to the importance of good radio, the new radio station 101.9 plays a nice mix of stuff, including new and less mainstream stuff, like this song. I hear it, loved it, and due to the beauty of Itunes, downloaded the song.. now I'll probably buy the album, and this is what Metallica never, ever got when they fought napster - allowing people to have tastes of your music will entice many to purchase the full product, but cracking down and alienating your fans (and prospective fans) will often drive them elsewhere, for good.

Beast

No comments: